Utility bills are almost always issued after you consume the utility services, not before. For example, your bill for usage in December will not be sent out until January (or February). Because of this, you will most likely receive your final bill after your move-out date.
Additionally, some providers such as the ones listed below bill every two months. If this is the case, you may not receive your final bill for 60+ days after you move out.
- LADWP - Electric and Water
- City of Savannah, GA - Water
- City of Des Plaines, IL - Water
- DEP - New York City, NY - Water billed every three months
- CMP - Central Maine Power - Electric
- Seattle City Light - Electric