A prorated bill is where a resident only pays the percentage of the bill according to the amount of days their lease was active during the billing cycle. Bills are typically only prorated when someone moves in or out during the middle of a billing cycle. If a bill is not prorated, roommates divide the percentage evenly no matter how many days they were physically present in the unit.
Articles in this section
- What is the SimpleBills Service Fee?
- Returned Payments
- Sub-Metered Bills
- What if my roommate does not pay their bill?
- My payment was declined for insufficient funds, but I had enough funds. What happened?
- What is my percentage of the bill?
- Why was my payment method removed?
- Why do I need a payment method?
- How is our bill so high when most of us were not there?
- How do I know I'm paying the correct percentage?